Short on time but craving a delicious meal that tastes like it took hours to prepare? This easy herbed roasted pork recipe is just what you need, and it only takes a few ingredients!
On a recent Sunday afternoon I made this herbed roasted pork, with creamy mashed potatoes and roasted carrots with fresh oregano - it was delicious!
Except for the fresh oregano, I was completely out of other fresh herbs (like thyme and rosemary). So, instead of running to the grocery store (which I so often do), I grabbed a jar of Italian seasoning from the pantry and combined it with some olive oil and fresh minced garlic to make a paste. The aroma of the warm Italian seasoning as the roast cooked was amazing!
The measurements provided are perfect for two people (with some leftovers). But you can easily increase the size of the pork loin roast and the paste ingredients according to the number of people you're trying to feed. You might think that ½ of olive oil might seem a lot for a 2 lb. roast, but I found it to be exactly what I needed to make a perfect paste. Of course, you can always adjust according to your own tastes.
Easy Herbed Roasted Pork
- 2 lbs. Pork roast, boneless
- ½ cup olive oil extra virgin
- 6 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 4 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
- Spray the bottom of a roasting pan with cooking spray
- Place the pork roast fat side up in the prepared roasting pan, preferably on a non-stick rack so the juices can drip into the bottom of the pan
- Cut several small slits in the top of the pork roast
- Combine the olive oil, minced garlic and Italian Seasoning in a bowl, mixing until it forms into a paste
- Spread the paste on the top of the pork roast, making sure to insert some of it into the slits made on top of the roast.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 2 hours or until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 145 degrees.
NOTE: this post contains affiliate links. This means I earn a small commission when you purchase any of the items recommended here, but the price is the same for you. TLTM.blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.