Best Ever Hummus
This recipe for hummus is so simple and so versatile! You can serve it plain, with just a little olive oil drizzled over the top, or dress it up with whatever toppings you desire!
- 2 15.5-oz. cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup tahini paste well stirred
- 2 Tbsp. additional tahini past well stirred
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice 1 ½ - 2 fresh lemons
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 ½ tsp. Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin Smoked Paprika can be used instead of the cumin
- Good Olive Oil for drizzling
- ½ cup ice water with ice
In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the drained chickpeas with the tahini paste, fresh lemon juice, minced garlic, Kosher salt & ice water until smooth.
If needed, you can add additional ice water, one tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.
Spread the hummus on a serving plate and drizzle with a little bit of the olive oil
Sprinkle a little more of the ground cumin on top (or smoked paprika if you used that instead of the cumin)
Add additional toppings as desired