Easy Cheesy Pumpkin & Bacon Pasta Bake
Pumpkin and bacon are the stars of the show in this easy-to-make Cheesy Pumpkin & Bacon Pasta Bake that will delight even the pickiest of eaters!
For the Pumpkin Sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup good olive oil
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 ½ tsp. ground sage
- Pinch nutmeg
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the Pasta
- 1 lb. rotini pasta, uncooked
- 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 lb. cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
Assemble the Pumpkin and Bacon Pasta Bake
In a large bowl, toss the cooled pasta, crumbled bacon, shredded chicken, pumpkin sauce and half of each of the cheeses, stirring well to combine.
Pour the pasta mixture into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish and top with the remaining half of each of the cheeses. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the sauce is bubbling.
Allow to stand for a few minutes to cool slightly, then sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.